The Top 10 Corporate Blogs of 2014
In anticipation of the upcoming Social Fresh Conference in San Diego later this month, we put out a call to you, our Social Fresh community, asking for nominations for the best company blogs of 2014.
The submissions came in fast and furious. In total, nearly 100 company blogs were nominated.
After narrowing the first round of nominations down to the top 20, we recruited a team of expert judges who took their time to scour through each finalist’s blog.
They looked at three main categories:
Calls To Action – Is the blog actively trying to convert a user in some way? This might be an email signup, a white paper download link, or even a simple CTA to watch, share or comment. Is there a clear business strategy being executed?
Content Quality/Consistency – Is the blog actually providing value? Is the content good and appealing to readers? Is the company regularly producing content?
Audience Engagement – Are there any comments? Are there a lot of social shares? Are people online talking about the content? Is there an audience engaged with the content.
Check out Social Fresh Conference 2016
We have teamed up with five industry thought leaders on blogging, marketing and business who evaluated the submissions compiled by our Social Fresh Staff (Note: judges recused themselves from scoring any blogs they have any affiliations/previously worked with/written for).
Thanks to each of our judges for their support of this process.
- Jay Baer (@JayBaer) NY Times bestselling author and president of the social media and content marketing consultancy Convince & Convert
- Katie Morse (@MissKatieMo) Head of Social Media at Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter, Blogger at KickKickSnare.com
- Augie Ray (@AugieRay) Customer Experience & Social Business leader, former Forrester analyst & social media lead at USAA, still blogging at ExperienceTheBlog.com
- Michael Brito (@Britopian) Group Director, Social Strategy at W2O Group
- Brian Honigman (@BrianHonigman) a marketing consultant, freelance writer and contributing writer to the Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur Magazine, the Huffington Post, Forbes, the Next Web, Mashable and others
AND NOW TO THE WINNERS
All of the blogs nominated this year are worthy of highlighting in their own way, but these are our top 10 of 2014. Let us know what you think of the results in the comments.
1. Buffer Social (Buffer)
3. Inbound Hub (Hubspot)
5. First Round Review (First Round Capital)
6. Post Planner
7. Socially Stacked (ShortStack Lab)
8. The Whole Story (Whole Foods)
9. Modern Marketing Blog (Oracle/Eloqua)
10. The Abandoned Cart (SalesCycle)
Who are your favorites?
Who do you think should have made the top 10 that didn’t?