Livestreaming is in, LOL is out
In this hosts-only episode, Keath and Yarby discus today’s social trends, including Livestreaming apps like Blab, Periscope, Facebook, along with Facebook’s recent changes to Business Pages, how LinkedIn’s connecting coworkers, Twitter’s 10k DMs and more.
— Social Fresh (@socialfresh) August 26, 2015
Social Toolkit 39: Social Trends: Do You Even Livestream, Bro? with Jason Keath and Jason Yarborough. Check out the full podcast below or download it on Stitcher, iTunes, or Soundcloud to listen later.
Brought to you by:
- App of the Week: Blab, group video broadcasts. Google Hangouts meets Periscope. Find Yarby, he’ll be blabbing away. As usual.
- Livestream/Video – the players: Blab, Youtube, Facebook, Persicope
- Livestream/Video – Periscope Surpasses 10 Million Users
- Livestream/Video – Mobile first and vertical video – Vervid (via Savannah Peterson)
- Livestream/Video – Buffer Introduces Buffer for Video
- Facebook – Facebook Live Video
- Facebook – Facebook Confirms Live Broadcasting Will Soon Open To Journalists And Verified Profiles
- Facebook – Facebook Tries Allowing GIFs In Ads And Page Posts
- Facebook – Facebook Displays Stats on the Page and News Feed
- Facebook – LOL is out. According to Facebook, the acronym has given way to the more plainspoken “Ha ha” Click to Tweet
- Facebook – Facebook Adds New, High-Performing Ad Formats in the Audience Network
- Facebook – Facebook Enables New Ways for People and Businesses to Connect
- Linkedin – LinkedIn Introduces LinkedIn Lookup
- Linkedin – LinkedIn is the top B2B platform for engaging your customer before and after the sell
- Twitter – Twitter Removes 140-Character Limit in Direct Messages
- Twitter – The hashtag turned 8 over the weekend
- Twitter – Twitter gives companies access to its full archives