Sounds Like A Shazam-For-More Super Bowl
I am a big fan of Shazam. I use it all them time to catch new songs off of the TV or when out at a restaurant.
Shazam sent out an email yesterday letting me know that the Super Bowl will be a big day for them. Shazam-for-more ads like those they launched with Old Navy a year ago, have been becoming more common. But it looks like Shazam has raised the bar for the Super Bowl.
“I wanted to take a moment to let you know about the amazing Big Game experience we’ve created for you, it’s going to be something you won’t want to miss” wrote Andrew Fisher, Shazam CEO, in the email.
During the game and the halftime show there will be Shazam-enabled commercials that allow Shazam users to:
- Try to win a car
- Get free downloads and gift cards
- Make a donation to charity
- Enter enter other sweepstakes
- Vote on favorite ads
- Take in game polls
- Get stats
- Share on social sites
- And of course, buy music
Shazam recommends downloading their most recent app (iPhone or Android) to get the best experience on game day.
“Here are some specifics, so you know what to be ready for:
- Toyota will include a sweepstakes to win two Camrys. One for you and one for a friend!
- Bud Light – This year’s Bridgestone Halftime Show will be Shazam-enabled. Tag it to unlock exclusive content from Interscope artists performing.
- Best Buy – Use Shazam at any point during the Best Buy Big Game TV Ad to reserve your $50 gift card toward a mobile phone purchase when you upgrade.
- Cars.com – When you use Shazam to tag the Cars.com ad, they will donate $1.00 to one of seven charities, up to a maximum of $100,000.
- Pepsi’s new ad features Melanie Amaro – the winner of The X FACTOR™. Use Shazam to unlock a free music video.
- FedEx – Use Shazam during the game for the score, stats, polling and more – all brought you by FedEx.
- Teleflora will have a special offer for anyone who uses Shazam to tag the ad.
- GE – You can enter a sweepstakes and access additional content when you use Shazam to tag GE’s Big Game Ads.
And Shazam says these are just the highlights, that there are others to look out for. So get your Shazam app ready.