Old Spice 'On A Horse' Guy Replies to Tweets On Youtube
I love the commercials too. They are remarkable and very sharable. And of course making sure they are on Youtube was a smart move by Old Spice.
So I was very happy to see them take a very “sharable” campaign and make it “social.” They are now tweeting in the voice of the commercials and with the actor from the commercial as the avatar. This is great integration.
And to take it a step further, they are now shooting personalized Youtube responses to messages on Twitter.
I shot a message out on Twitter the other day about how I loved the new Old Spice commercials. Like I said, they are shareable. They make me smile. It was pretty cool to get a reply message on Twitter in character from the @OldSpice account.
But, doing a commercial style Youtube reply? That takes things to a whole other level. THIS is remarkable stuff.
The work is being done by the Wieden + Kennedy agency. Props to all involved.
- Babylonian scroll – Youtube comment
- I love these commercials – Youtube comment
- darn you netherlands – Youtube comment
- swan dive into diamonds – Youtube comment
- I love these, these and these – Youtube comment
- Snorkeling jobs – Yahoo Answers
- I’d like to thank the entire city of Los Angeles – LA Times article
- Swell men – Blog post
- One attractive man compliments another – Twitter comment
- What I can’t do – Twitter comment
- Is it dangerous when a snake licks you – Yahoo Answers
- I’m sorry I can’t bake you cakes – Cosmopolitan.com article
- Get Better Kevin Rose – Twitter comment, posted to Digg.com
- Thank you @TheEllenShow – Twitter comment
- Plenty more being announced over at @OldSpice and their Youtube channel