Top 43 Social Media Career Moves of 2013
Things moves pretty fast with social media. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss all the career moves your colleagues made in the past year.
A lot of smart and capable folks made big career moves this year in the social media industry.
More and more seem to be founding their own awesome ventures after years of running Corporate America’s social campaigns. Plenty of folks got promoted, made moves to new companies, and made the all to common switches from agency to brand to vendor to brand to agency.
So are the days of our lives.
This is our fouth year highlighting the top social media career moves. Also check out lists from previous years:
- 2010 – Top Social Media Career Moves of 2010
- 2011 – Top Social Media Career Moves of 2011
- 2012 – Top Social Media Career Moves of 2012
Take a second and congratulate these awesome folks for their big 2013 accomplishments.
In alphabetical order…
1. John Andrews Joins Ignite Social Media
as CMO, formerly at Collective Bias.
2. Ali Ardalan Joins Sprinklr
as Director of Strategy, formerly at Intel.
3. Paula Berg Joins HP
formerly at Linhart PR.
4. David Berkowitz Joins MRY
as CMO, formerly at 360i.
5. Jessica Berlin Joins Yahoo!
as Social Media Strategist, formerly at American Eagle.
6. Eric Boggs Founds RevBoss
as President, formerly at Argyle.
7. Michael Brito Joins WCG
as Group Director, formerly at Edelman.
8. Shauna Causey Joins UP Global (Startup Weekend, Startup Digest)
as VP of Marketing.
9. C.C. Chapman Joins YSN
10. Chance Chapman Promoted At Saatchi & Saatchi X
to Director of Digital Strategy.
11. Joe Chernov Joins HubSpot
as VP of Content, formerly at Kinvey.
12. Adam Cohen Joins WCG
as Managing Director, formerly at FleishmanHillard.
13. Nicole D’Alonzo Founds TASTEdaily
formerly at L’Oreal.
14. Katrina Dietz Joins MSLGroup
as Senior Account Executive – Digital, formerly at Innovasource.
15. Jeremy Goldman Founds Firebrand Group
formerly at Iluminage.
16. Chris Hershberger Joins Edelman
as VP of Digital, formerly at Michaels.
17. Justin Isaf Co-Founds Comunnl
formerly at Huffington Post.
18. Spike Jones Joins Edelman Digital
as SVP, Managing Director SW Region, formerly at WCG.
19. Josh Karpf Joins Spotify
as Global Director of Social Media, formerly at PepsiCo.
20. Rachael King Joins Sidecar
as National Social Media Manager, formerly at Adobe.
21. Matthew Knell Joins About.com
as Vice President, Social Media and Community Strategy, formerly at AOL.
22. Natalie Marsan Joins MRY
as Director of Community Management, formerly at VaynerMedia.
23. Tim McDonald Promoted At Huffington Post
to Director of Community.
24. Jason Miller Joins LinkedIn
as Senior Manager of Content Marketing & Social, formerly at Marketo.
25. Chris Moody Joins Compendium
as VP of Marketing, formerly at Red Hat.
26. Scott Moore Co-Founds Communl
formerly at Answers.com.
27. Andy Newbom Joins Fandom Marketing
as Director, Social Business Solutions & Partnerships.
28. Gary J. Nix Joins R/GA
as Senior Social Media Strategist, formerly at Blue Fountain Media.
29. Andrew Nystrom Joins Nike
as Digital Brand: Global Community Lead, Football (Soccer), formerly at Red Bull.
30. Jeremiah Owyang Joins Crowd Companies
as Cheif Catalyst & Founder, formerly at Altimeter.
31. Adrian Parker Joins Patrón
as VP, Digital Marketing, formerly at Intuit.
32. Jason Peck Joins Canvas
as Director of Marketing, formerly at LivingSocial.
33. Liz Phillips Joins Qualcomm
as Senior Marketing Manager, formerly at TaylorMade.
34. Karen Schoellkopf Joined Justworks
as Head of Community, formerly at Harvest.
35. Rosie Siman Co-Founds Genius Steals
formerly at 360i.
36. Dan Slagen Joins Nanigans
as SVP of Marketing, formerly at HubSpot.
37. Shiv Singh Joins Visa
as SVP Global Brand & Marketing Transformation, formerly at PepsiCo.
38. Jon Steiert Joins Pet360
as Social Media Manager & PR Specialist.
39. Storm Tussey Joins Logitech
as Global Brand Manager, formerly at Otterbox.
40. DJ Waldow Joins Marketo
as Digital Marketing Evangelist.
41. Ekaterina Walter Joins Branderati
as Partner & CMO, formerly at Intel.
42. Tamsen Snyder Webster Joins Social Media Explorer
as VP of Strategy, formerly at Alan + Garritsen.
43. Faris Yakob Co-Founds Genius Steals
formerly at MDC Partners.
Apologizes in advance for any oversights. Please help us complete the list by adding yourself or your colleagues in the comments!